Patient Support Groups
Pennine MSK Partnership hold informal meetings for patients with lupus in partnership with Lupus UK at the Integrated Care Centre in Oldham. This provides an opportunity for patients with lupus to meet others who share their experience of the condition and to speak with a representative from Lupus UK regarding support services available. Hot topics include dealing with fatigue, pain and low mood and recent changes to the benefits system. We are grateful to Val Wilson and colleagues from Lupus UK for giving their time to support this initiative.
Anyone with Lupus who is under the care of Pennine MSK is welcome to attend these meetings which are held bi-annually. For further information please contact Charlotte Critchley, Occupational Therapist on 0161 621 3838, alternatively email email@example.com
Aim: To bring together people living with Rheumatoid Arthritis to share information, mutual support and to progress improvements in patient care within our local area.
NRAS is encouraging people with Rheumatoid Arthritis living in the area to attend meetings and find out more about their disease, local rheumatology services and the invaluable services on offer from NRAS.
NRAS – helping people living with RA to have a better life by:
- Providing a comprehensive website with information on RA from health professionals
- Offering information on living with the condition and better self management
- Providing a free-phone helpline, available 9.30 to 4.30, Monday to Friday
- Contributing to improving standards of care for RA
- Lobbying the Government for a better deal for people living with RA in the UK
- Being a one-stop shop for people with RA.
Oldham NRAS Group aims to provide:
- A meeting point for people living with RA, to network and support one another, reducing the isolation felt by some
- A means of ongoing patient education and improvement of disease self management
- A strong “patient voice” in your area
**PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE**
These meetings are held at **The Neon Hub, Holt Street, Greenacres OL4 2DQ** 7:00pm – 8:30pm
DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Tuesday 27th November – Christmas social, Quiz, Christmas Raffle and hot pie supper.
All are welcome to join the meetings
For more information please contact NRAS directly 0845 458 3969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NRAS Helpline: 0800 298 7650
You can follow the Oldham NRAS group on Facebook : Rheumatoid Arthritis Nras Oldham Support Group where you will find more information on future plans and activities!
To be added to the emailing list to receive notifications of future meetings or for more information about the group please email: email@example.com or call 01628 823 524 and ask for Kim or Gill.