Equality and Diversity
Pennine MSK Partnership Ltd believes in fairness, equality and above all values diversity in all dealings, both as provider of health services and employers of the people.
Within the population, and our workforce, there are communities representing different minority, or “equality target groups”. We seek to ensure that members of these target groups who require health care services, and also those employed by, or seeking employment with us are not treated less favourably on the basis of their (as per the Equality Act 2010):
• Gender reassignment
• Religion and Belief
• Sexual Orientation
• Marriage and Civil Partnership
• Pregnancy and Maternity
Equality is not about treating everyone the same, it is about ensuring that access to opportunities are available to all by taking account of people’s differing needs and capabilities.
Diversity is about recognising and valuing differences through inclusion, regardless of sex, gender reassignment, age, disability, race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, commitments outside work, part-time or shift work, language, union activity, HIV status, perspectives, opinions and personal values etc. We ensure our workforce is representative of the community we serve.
Pennine MSK Partnership Ltd’s Vision and Commitment
By demonstrating these beliefs we ensure that we develop a healthcare workforce that is diverse, non discriminatory and appropriate to deliver modern healthcare.
The Pennine MSK Partnership Ltd embeds its equality and diversity values into every day practice, policies and procedures – so that equality and diversity becomes the norm for all.
There are eight key principles at the heart of Pennine MSK Partnership Ltd:
1. Patient Centred Care
2. Whole system approach – linking primary, hospital and social care
3. Partnership working
4. Patient and public involvement
5. Priority of investment in primary and community services
6. Equality of health and service provision
7. Valuing staff, people and patients
8. Building and enabling a creative culture across the organisation
In order to fulfil our public sector equality duties, Pennine MSK Partnership Ltd are:
• An organisation that harnesses the talents of all, by welcoming diversity and managing it in a truly effective manner.
• An organisation where all forms of harassment and discrimination are not tolerated and are actively eradicated.
• Demonstrating that equality of access is embedded in everything we do for users of our services.
• An organisation that promotes good relations between people of all groups and communities.
We are working closely with support from Oldham Clinical Commissioning Group to display our latest equality performance during the year. Information gathered is anonymised for reporting purposes and used to help us to improve services and fair access to our services.
Read the Pennine MSK Annual Workforce Report 2016 here.
The point of contact for any enquiries relating to our Equality and Diversity Policy is: –
Director of HR and Operations
Pennine MSK Partnership Ltd
Oldham Integrated Care Centre
New Radcliffe Street
Tel: 0161 621 3860